How To Optimize Blog or website For Search Engine ranking
How To Optimize Your Blog Post For Search Engine-if you have a blog or Website and you want to optimize it for search results you have to focus on SEO(Search Engine Optimization).For efficient results you have to use below mention steps:-
Blog Post Title-for better SEO make sure you are using targeted keywords or phrase from the beginning of Title. Do not repeat the same keyword in title.because titile tag has limitation of words like Google, Yahoo and Bing has limit the Title Characters length to 65 Characters only with spaces.
Post Permalink Structure – Parmalink structure can help in search engine rank.Be sure your Post parmalink structure have:-
- Use targeted keywords towards the beginning of post URL
- Avoid using special characters, symbols, brackets, comma’s in your URL.
- Be using dashes to differentiate two strings in URL structure.
- Never change your post permalink once the post is published.
Post Meta Description
You should create a meta description tag which work as a summary for your blog post. You can see it in the search results underneath the main link. Definitely include the main keyword here.
You should limit meta description length to 160 characters including spaces. You should write user friendly meta description tags for better Click Through Rate (CTR) in search engines.
As for WordPress you can use SEO plugins to add meta description and for Blogspot blogs you can use search description to add meta description.
Optimize Image For Better Search Ranking
Images can generate a TON of traffic to your blog from search engines like Google Images.
If you want to generate more traffic through images, you must optimize your images by using the following tips:
- ALT Tag: A good practice for the ALT tag is to keep your alt tags short but descriptive. you can fill your alt tags with relevant keywords, at the same time try to make it describe the image.
- Compress Images: Images can make your page heavy. You know page load times matter for SEO, right? So, to ensure that your images don’t affect your fast load times, make the image file size as small as possible (without sacrificing quality, of course). you can use image compressor like PunyPNG.
- File Name: Just like keywords are important in post url, Including rich Keywords in image url can help in better image ranking. Use descriptive filenames in images with keywords separated by “-” (hyphen). For example, “how-to-protect-your-wordpress-site.png”.
Use Headings Tags
Didn’t I already say that? Yes, however, headings are important not only for readability, but also for SEO purposes. They help Google grasp the topic of your content (especially for long posts) and can therefore help with your ranking.
You should use heading tags like h2, h3 and h4 etc to highlight various headings, sub-headings and important points. Also, don’t repeat H2 or H3 tags too many times, as it is considered as negative SEO practice.
Interlink To Relevant Posts
When we write a new post, it’s always a good idea to link back to old relevant posts so that readers will find the old posts, and search engines will re-crawl the old blog posts.
Interlinking of blog posts naturally will help your blog readers spend more time on your blog. While linking out to your own blog pages, you should use keyword rich anchor text as that will help the linking posts perform better on Google and other search engines for their targeted anchor texts.
Linking Out To External Websites
Apart from linking to your own blog posts, it is a great idea to link out to external websites if you feel addition of this links will help your blog readers find more and relevant information about the topic you are currently blogging about.
When you mention another blogger or article in your blog post, include a link to the information you are referencing. Not only is it good blogging etiquette, but you may also get lucky and receive a link back.
Quality links are a valuable commodity for any site looking to rank higher in search engine results pages.
When creating content, always put the needs of your readers first and Google’s needs second. While organic traffic from search engines is something to be desired, your first goal should be to create excellent content, which your readers will love.
Because your readers are the one who will interact with you and share your content around the world, or turn into potential customers, not the search engine.
If you have any queries or want to add your tip, let me know your feedback via comments